MY RELATIONSHIP WITH READING 📚📖📔
Considering the proposed pictures, lots of memories have come to my mind: the image of a man sitting on a simple stool, completely absorbed in what seems an interesting text, he looks deeply focused. The same happens to me, when I got involved in a gripping story, I can’t put the book down being impossible to be aware of my own reality ;). Even my smallest pauses can bring me joy when filled with something we love.
The second image that grabbed my attention captures a truly special moment between an elderly woman and a young girl. They sit close together, a book open in their hands. The woman points at something on the page, guiding the child’s understanding with patience and care. The girl listens, her eyes fixed on the words and illustrations. There’s a warmth between them, a quiet kind of love that only shared stories can create. It’s more than just reading, it’s a connection and a memory among different generations. Unfortunately, I couldn’t go through such a tender situation.
Reading has always been a big part of my life. I adore novels, both in English and Spanish, also comics and short stories in both languages. In my language I often read more technical books. And while I prefer the feel of a physical book in my hands, I also use a digital reader when traveling. My favorite time to read is on holidays or late at night before bed although I can’t be awake for a long time.
My love for books started when I was a teenager. One of the first stories that truly moved me was Uncle Tom’s Cabin, a powerful and emotional novel that left a lasting impression, I didn’t know you could cry reading. Around that time, I also discovered Agatha Christie’s mysteries, and I fell in love with the thrill of unraveling her clever plots and unexpected twists.
For me, reading is a form of travel. Each book is a doorway to a new place. Through stories, I have lived a thousand lives, met unforgettable characters, and experienced adventures beyond imagination. There is something magical about losing yourself in a book, and I know that no matter how much time passes, reading will always be one of my greatest joys. I have tried to instill this feeling in my students but I must confess it’s turning out a harsh task to achieve.
As George R.R. Martin once said, “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.”
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario